The Goal is Zero Injuries
Nothing is more important to Rice Companies than the safety of everyone involved in the construction process. Our goal is simple – zero harm and zero lost time incidents. With that philosophy, we incorporate safety into almost everything we do, from pre-planning projects, ongoing safety training to a continuous improvement process, among many others. Rice’s safety philosophy extends not only to our employees and customers, but to every subcontractor and vendor we work with.
Rice’s Safety program includes:
- Safety is an agenda item, not an afterthought during meetings
- Employee Supervisors are OSHA 10 trained, at a minimum
- Dedicated in-house safety manager that assists and directs our monthly mandatory safety meetings, jobsite audits and our continuous improvement process
- Each new employee is required to pass a drug-screening test, ensure adequate physical capability and participate in a comprehensive safety orientation
- Our safety committee meets regularly to review current safety protocols, and recent job site inspections and update our rigorous safety standards
PARTNERS IN SAFETY
Rice Companies is proud to be one of the limited number of companies able to participate in the Cooperative Compliance Partnership program. Our partnership creates mutual trust and respect across our worksites and OSHA. This program is a great way for our teams to learn from OSHA, while OSHA gets to learn what the struggles of day-to-day construction workers face. Together we are reducing injuries across the construction industry by 3% each year!
Our Safety Committee utilizes the STEP tool to benchmark our current processes against the best-in-class safety programs across the industry. STEP guides us on our path to continuous improvement for our processes, day-to-day tasks, and most importantly our culture. Safety is part of who we are at Rice Companies – it has become part of our DNA.