The Goal is Zero Injuries
Nothing is more important to Rice Companies than the safety of everyone involved in the construction process. Our goal is simple – zero harm and zero lost time incidents. With that philosophy, we incorporate safety into almost everything we do, from pre-planning projects, ongoing safety training to a continuous improvement process, among many others. Rice’s safety philosophy extends not only to our employees and customers, but to every subcontractor and vendor we work with.
Rice’s Safety program includes:
- Safety is an agenda item, not an afterthought during meetings
- Employee Supervisors are OSHA 10 trained, at a minimum
- Dedicated in-house safety director that assists and directs our monthly mandatory safety meetings, jobsite audits and our continuous improvement process
- Each new employee is required to pass a drug-screening test, ensure adequate physical capability and participate in a comprehensive safety orientation
- Our safety committee meets regularly to review current safety protocols, recent jobsite inspections and update our rigorous safety standards